PRICE (Persistent Relentlessness, Integrity, Insight, Collaboration, Compassion, and Empowerment)
We are persistently relentless in serving our clients and supporting each other. We do not give up easily, and we continue to push forward until the thing is accomplished despite obstacles, setbacks, challenges, or negative feedback.
We are persistently relentless when we:
- Wave the red flag to bring the team together to meet a deadline;
- Continuously advocate for our clients’ rights;
- Take on challenges to meet a client’s needs;
- Identify risks to our clients and give them multiple layers of protection;
- Camp out at filing offices until the document is file stamped on time; and
- Regularly follow up with current and prospective clients and opposing counsel.null
We are consistently truthful, loyal, accountable, and ethical.
We show integrity by:
- reviewing, understanding, and following the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct;
- Communicating with candor, clarity, respect, and civility;
- Doing what we say we will do;
- Owning up when we fall short;
- sending our clients every single document we send or receive;
- Giving clients regular and timely updates;
- telling clients and potential clients what the next steps are and delivering on our part;
- Giving clients realistic timelines for accomplishing their work;
- Only accepting representations in which we can help the clients; and
- holding firm and remaining professional in the face of strong emotions and obnoxious behavior.
When the team or a client comes to us with a difficult problem, we work to understand the situation and discern a practical solution.
We cultivate insight when we:
- organize facts by creating timelines, categorizing documents and creating and updating proof charts;
- look at the situation from multiple perspectives by asking other participants in the situation how they view it;
- clarify by asking more questions; and take time to reflect on the case’s theme, pattern, or source of outrage.
We work together as a team with mutual respect and support to accomplish the goals of the firm and its clients.
We collaborate by:
- Agreeing on the desired outcome;
- Sharing and being open to proposed ideas and solutions to achieve the desired outcome;
- Communicating honestly and openly and sharing our knowledge within the firm;
- Dividing and conquering a project;
- Anticipating the needs of our clients and colleagues because we GAS; and
- Sharing credit when we win and committing to improve our performance when we lose.
We are compassionate. We view situations, statements, and behaviors from the other person’s point of view and extend grace.
We show compassion when we:
- Process mistakes methodically and without shame and blame;
- Recognize that each client and colleague has unique circumstances and challenges and are respectfully curious to learn what they are;
- Actively listen to clients and colleagues when they express their perspectives, concerns, and desired outcomes;
- Tell clients the truth even when they don’t want to hear it; and
- Verbally acknowledge that our clients and colleagues are feeling something without presuming to know exactly what they are feeling.
We recognize that everyone with whom we deal is capable of creating the reality they desire. We encourage, support, guide, coach, equip, and challenge them to take action to achieve their goals.
We demonstrate empowerment by:
- Helping clients understand the full extent of where they stand;
- Helping clients articulate their better future and make decisions that move them closer to it, rather than making decisions based on fear;
- Taking charge of performing our responsibilities;
- Presenting proposed solutions whenever we raise a problem;
- Encouraging action, removing shame from failures, and using failures as learning opportunities;
- Teaching team members correct principles, providing appropriate training and resources, and then letting them govern themselves;
- Providing feedback and constructive criticism so that the person can continue to grow and learn; and
- Soliciting feedback from team members and giving them a voice in decision-making.