- Have you incorporated your business?
- Where are the business assets?
- Do you have separate bank accounts?
- Are your employees "1099 employees" or "employees?"
- When was the last time you looked over your business's customer agreement?
- Has your written business plan been created or updated recently?
- Does your business plan have S.M.A.R.T goals?
- What kind of financial controls do you have in place?
FIVE THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW TO REDUCE RISK IN YOUR BUSINESS
What We Can Do For You
Our Legal Team
Jerry C. Carter
Mr. Carter graduated in 1992 from the University of Chicago Law School, where he served as a Comment Editor for the University of Chicago Law Review. Mr. Carter received a B.A. in philosophy from Brigham Young University in 1988.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Carter served as a clerk to federal Court of Appeals Judge W. Eugene Davis. He then began his business litigation career at Mayer, Brown & Platt, in Chicago, Illinois. In 1996, Mr. Carter located his practice in Nevada, where he has represented individuals and businesses for the past 18 years as a Reno Business Attorney.
Mr. Carter resides in Reno, Nevada with his wife and three daughters. He enjoys cycling, backpacking, and barbecuing.
Rita Greggio Esq.
After graduating cum laude from the Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2013, she continued working as a litigator in the field of professional responsibility for three years before relocating to Reno to serve as a Reno Business Attorney. During the last five years, Ms. Greggio has represented hundreds of clients in cases involving business contracts, consumer transactions, and landlord/tenant disputes.
Ms. Greggio is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and holds a B.A. in Criminal Justice and Religious Studies from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Her hobbies include exploring the spectacular natural wonders of our region on foot, skis, or snowshoes.