In Reno and Sparks, Nevada (Washoe County), a civil case is assigned to the business court docket if its primary subject matter is:
- A dispute concerning the validity, control, operation or governance of entities created under NRS Chapters 78-88 (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited parterships, and business trusts), including shareholder derivative actions;
- A dispute concerning a trade-mark or trade name;
- A claim asserted pursuant to the Nevada Trade Secrets Act;
- A claim asserted pursuant to the Nevada Securities Act;
- A claim asserted pursuant to the Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act;
- A claim involving investment securities; or,
- Any dispute among business entities if the presiding judge of the business court docket determines that the case would benefit from enhanced case management.